• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Felony Theft/Whistleblower

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kacham

What is the name of your state? new hampshire

i have worked for a company for the last 18 years. on march 5 i went to the president regarding one of the officers of the company about sexual harrasment. he said he would investigate, and a week later, 2 police detectives came to my house, and asked me if i knew why they were here, and i responeded with "the sexual harrasment issues" the said "no" it was about theft from the company, and that i was being terminated and that once they finished their investigation i would be endicted. i have contacted a lawyer, but it has been a month and i have not heard anything, i hate calling my lawyer, because it costs so darn much. everything is my word against a large corporations. i guess my question is, how long does this normally take? i am finding it hard to find employment as that company is my only reference and they are certainly telling everyone that i was terminated for theft. i can't collect unemployment, and i am afraid to try and get a job in the community in fear that i may be arrested at any time. any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

B

Boxcarbill

If everything is your word against a large corporations, how is it that the police believe that you will be indicted after their investigation? Prosecution of a criminal case requires more than evidence that the swearing match of "he said; she said." In fact if requires proof of each and every element of the offense charged. As far how long it will take, that is anyone's guess.

K

kacham

the company is a precious metals business, i'm sure they can come up with any evidence they want, and have all the time and resources to be able to, but thank you you for your reply.

Son of Slam

kacham said:
the company is a precious metals business, i'm sure they can come up with any evidence they want, and have all the time and resources to be able to, but thank you you for your reply.

Was that an actor they filmed sticking the gold filings in her bellybutton, or is that why you didn't mention you were innocent?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">