• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Felony Unlicensed Operation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

berta71997

What is the name of your state? NY
Several tickets for unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle. Facing jail time?

S

seniorjudge

Do you mean you do not have an operator's license or that you do not have tags?

More details, please.

berta71997

Actually it was my brother, and he has not had a license since he was 17. Long story short, he has had several DUI's and various tickets. He has not had a drop to drink for almost 2 years, but he is still unable to get his operator's license back because of all of his convictions. He drives to and from work (which I know is wrong) only. He was coming home from work first thing in the morning after a snow storm and slid into a garbage truck. They issued him aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, failure to keep right and another that I can't remember. He is still on probation from his last DUI. His probation officer told him that they would NOT push for probation violation, but his attorney is afraid that they will because he had the same aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle about a year ago. My big question is...Is he facing crazy jail time?

HomeGuru

berta71997 said:
Actually it was my brother, and he has not had a license since he was 17. Long story short, he has had several DUI's and various tickets. He has not had a drop to drink for almost 2 years, but he is still unable to get his operator's license back because of all of his convictions. He drives to and from work (which I know is wrong) only. He was coming home from work first thing in the morning after a snow storm and slid into a garbage truck. They issued him aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, failure to keep right and another that I can't remember. He is still on probation from his last DUI. His probation officer told him that they would NOT push for probation violation, but his attorney is afraid that they will because he had the same aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle about a year ago. My big question is...Is he facing crazy jail time?

**A: I suggest he relocate to Canada

S

seniorjudge

"...Is he facing crazy jail time?..."

My guess is yes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">