• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Filling a false police report.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lha

Idaho Law
I need to know what the penalty is for filing a false police report in Idaho. I'm going to meet with an att. but I need to know what things I need to do before I meet with her.
If anyone knows info about filing a false police report in Idaho please let me know.
thank you
LHA

gawm

TITLE 18
CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS
CHAPTER 7
ARRESTS AND SEIZURES OF PERSONS
OR PROPERTY -- SPECIAL OFFICERS
18-705. RESISTING AND OBSTRUCTING OFFICERS. Every person who wilfully
resists, delays or obstructs any public officer, in the discharge, or attempt
to discharge, of any duty of his office or who knowingly gives a false report
to any peace officer, when no other punishment is prescribed, is punishable by
a fine not exceeding one thousand dollars ($1,000), and imprisonment in the
county jail not exceeding one (1) year.

outonbail

What is it you reported? Did you claim false damages for insurance reasons, or accuse someone of a crime they didn't commit? Did you know you were reporting fabricated information and intentionally lie, or did you just end up being wrong about a suspect you may have named?

If you intentionally fabricated a story and had someone arrested for whatever reason you had for doing such a thing and you're found guilty of doing this, the criminal penalties indicated above may just be the tip of the financial iceberg.

The person who was falsely accused and arrested, can file a civil case against you and undoubtedly prevail. They will be awarded a judgment to recover any and all expenses they have incurred as a result of your lies. You can also expect punitive damages for this type of case to be a considerable chunk of change as well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">