• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fingerprint Clearance Card Hang-ups

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

One Mistake Man

Arizona
I'm living in Pima County, and did something overtly stupid in 2006. Facing eviction with pets and family, I made a horrible decision and attempted to take an (unattended) purse. I was caught, told to plead no-contest or face the possibility of jail time (which may have spared me my current predicament), charged with misdemeanor petty larceny, and ordered to pay a grand total of $430 in restitution. I paid $150 on the flex-pay plan that was set up ($30 a month), and (surprise) found myself in financial dire straights AGAIN. I've had a hard time getting ANY job since, and now all that holds me back from a good job with full time hours (medical transport) is a fingerprint clearance card. My disposition date was October 25 2006, and I was already denied fingerprint clearance in February 2013 for a caregiver position. This was my first and only offense. My big questions are:

1) Will I be denied again out of hand with things as they are now?
2) If my fines are paid, will that be enough to allow me to pass?
3) Will I also have to file a motion to expunge my record and have it pass to receive fingerprint clearance?
-or-
4) Am I just boned?

I appreciate anyone who is willing to shed some light on the matter, as I am relatively uneducated on the legal system. Please, somebody give me the facts here, and thank you in advance.

Last edited:

One Mistake Man

Uuuhh... Are you serious? The title of this thread is "Fingerprint Clearance Card Hang-ups", and you ask "Pass what?"... For implying that my uncertainty in this matter sets my logical reasoning somewhat below-par, you seem to have no room to talk. Apparently someone fails to realize that Fingerprint Clearance cards require an evaluation period, and the end result of this evaluation is what you pass to receive clearance. The big question was if Statute of Limitations was in effect in my case, and whether or not it had any bearing here. But don't worry, I no longer need those who have made it their livelihood to know these things to act as if their raw IQ is higher than mine, as a couple hours of digging through local statutes already answered this question for me LONG before you.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Uuuhh... Are you serious? The title of this thread is "Fingerprint Clearance Card Hang-ups", and you ask "Pass what?"... For implying that my uncertainty in this matter sets my logical reasoning somewhat below-par, you seem to have no room to talk. Apparently someone fails to realize that Fingerprint Clearance cards require an evaluation period, and the end result of this evaluation is what you pass to receive clearance. The big question was if Statute of Limitations was in effect in my case, and whether or not it had any bearing here. But don't worry, I no longer need those who have made it their livelihood to know these things to act as if their raw IQ is higher than mine, as a couple hours of digging through local statutes already answered this question for me LONG before you.
Nice - a criminal with an attitude. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Silverplum

Arizona
I'm living in Pima County, and did something overtly stupid in 2006. Facing eviction with pets and family, I made a horrible decision and attempted to take an (unattended) purse. I was caught, told to plead no-contest or face the possibility of jail time (which may have spared me my current predicament), charged with misdemeanor petty larceny, and ordered to pay a grand total of $430 in restitution. I paid $150 on the flex-pay plan that was set up ($30 a month), and (surprise) found myself in financial dire straights AGAIN. I've had a hard time getting ANY job since, and now all that holds me back from a good job with full time hours (medical transport) is a fingerprint clearance card. My disposition date was October 25 2006, and I was already denied fingerprint clearance in February 2013 for a caregiver position. This was my first and only offense. My big questions are:

1) Will I be denied again out of hand with things as they are now?
2) If my fines are paid, will that be enough to allow me to pass?
3) Will I also have to file a motion to expunge my record and have it pass to receive fingerprint clearance?
-or-
4) Am I just boned?

I appreciate anyone who is willing to shed some light on the matter, as I am relatively uneducated on the legal system. Please, somebody give me the facts here, and thank you in advance.
Minding our Qs for Ps.

Silverplum

I do not think the statute of limitations means what you think it means. (I know it doesn't, but I love Inigo Montoya.)

But you can google that, right? :cool:

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
I do not think the statute of limitations means what you think it means. (I know it doesn't, but I love Inigo Montoya.)

But you can google that, right? :cool:
If OP could google "Fingerprint Clearance Arizona, he'd already know that a) having a record for theft would guarantee a denial, b) "passing" was a relevant term and c) ask about "Good Cause Exceptions", not Statute of Limitations.

Arrogant and rude = not deserving of any sympathy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">