• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fingerprints

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rock7

What is the name of your state? Minnesota

Can a person have items dusted for fingerprints such as a key (for 3rd party prints) or their mouse or certain other things in their home office if they truly believe they have been wronged? Can private investigators dust for prints or is it only the Police who can do this? Do either need 'probable cause' in order to dust for prints? I would assume so. I know an ex-boyfriend violated my email for almost a year before I figured it out (he was saying and hinting at things that were said to others in emails) which is against State and Federal laws and since a 3rd party (his uncle) made it known that he knows where I live (I didn't tell him and I'm not in the phone book) and the fact that whenever one calls the other is listening in on the call - I'm wondering if I can somehow get a key or my mouse dusted for prints proving the Uncle is in on this situation too since he had more time (doesn't work). Both have lied repeatedly and listen in on phone calls - it's just sick!

HELP!!

S

seniorjudge

Rock7 said:
What is the name of your state? Minnesota

Can a person have items dusted for fingerprints such as a key (for 3rd party prints) or their mouse or certain other things in their home office if they truly believe they have been wronged? Can private investigators dust for prints or is it only the Police who can do this? Do either need 'probable cause' in order to dust for prints? I would assume so. I know an ex-boyfriend violated my email for almost a year before I figured it out (he was saying and hinting at things that were said to others in emails) which is against State and Federal laws and since a 3rd party (his uncle) made it known that he knows where I live (I didn't tell him and I'm not in the phone book) and the fact that whenever one calls the other is listening in on the call - I'm wondering if I can somehow get a key or my mouse dusted for prints proving the Uncle is in on this situation too since he had more time (doesn't work). Both have lied repeatedly and listen in on phone calls - it's just sick!

HELP!!

keep all your questions in your original thread
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=234763

CdwJava

Well, you can pay someone to dust these things for prints ... but, what will it prove? If he has ever been in your home with permission, there is nothing at all evidentiary about the prints.

(Sorry SJ ... but I don't peruse the internet law forum)

- Carl

S

seniorjudge

CdwJava said:
Well, you can pay someone to dust these things for prints ... but, what will it prove? If he has ever been in your home with permission, there is nothing at all evidentiary about the prints.

(Sorry SJ ... but I don't peruse the internet law forum)

- Carl
Fair warning: I am going to print this out and if I ever get stopped in CA, am going to use it for my "Get Out Of Jail Free" card! :D

CdwJava

seniorjudge said:
Fair warning: I am going to print this out and if I ever get stopped in CA, am going to use it for my "Get Out Of Jail Free" card! :D
I can send you someone else's PBA card, too! ;)

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">