• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fire kills 100 people

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Son of Slam

What is the name of your state? RI

My friend Jack is the leader of a rock band. While playing at a small club, the bands fireworks set the building on fire. 200 people were hurt, 100 of them died. He had no permit or permission for the fireworks. His first and last name is included with the name of the band in all contracts and promos. He has not been arrested or charged with anything. Is there a chance he will be? If so what?

Z

zappy

I remember something in an Old Rock and Roll spirtual song, a verse that goes something like this:

It's better to Burn Out then Fade Away...Rock on Dude!

N

nhunsb1

I hope to god he is. (As well as the other members of the band and its management)

Reckless endangerment sounds good, as does arson, and negligent homicide.

I would be more worried about where he's going to come up with the money once the lawsuits start coming in...

H

hmmbrdzz

Is he really your friend? Or is his name "My Friend Jack"? (I truly don't know).

That was a horrible tragedy, and Jack should "burn" for it, and he should burn for wherever else he used pyrotechnics without a permit or permission.

Hey Hey My My

hmmbrdzz

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The fire you are talking about happened in my area, so I've seen a great deal of news coverage about it.

If by any chance this post is for real, first of all I hope to goodness that your friend Jack gets hit good and hard for this. Second, know that you may have done him a great disservice (and the rest of us a great favor) by posting on a public board that he had no permission for the fireworks, since he has been publicly claiming that he did, despite the protests of the club's owners that no permission was ever requested.

S

Sinsaint26

I just saw an update on Court TV about a half hour ago. It seems that the band is fully cooperating with the police and that for some reason the club owner has ceased all communications with the police and are refusing to cooperate in the investigation. Something is awful fishy. There should be another update in about fifteen minutes (bottom of every hour).

gowest

Perhaps it has something to do with the video tapes taken recently of other bands also using pyrotechnics in the very same night club?

N

nhunsb1

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/greatwhite1.html

This is the band's concert rider (stage specifications, hospitality requirements, load up/load down info...). No where on this does it say anything about pyrotechnics during the show.

The owners not answering questions does bring some suspicion their way, however I wouldn't be surprised if they had lawyers instructing them not to answer questions for the time being. Both parties in question have been caught with their pants down(the owners for allowing some bands to use pyrotechnics, and the band for not getting permission to use them).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">