• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Firearms Misdemeanor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Yellow14150

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I was convicted of the misdemeanor of concealed firearm (CA PC 25400) for having a unloaded firearm in my hip holster in a national forest. I paid $200, got the DA to agree to release the weapon, and no probation. I would have fought it but in CA even having a 1/4 inch of a handgun concealed is considered concealed if the officer says so. The ranger walked up to me and said "you have a concealed weapon" while I was shooting targets. I said "I didn't know that was even illegal out here because CA PC says -designated shooting area- in the law".

Basically I want to know if I have any options for future employment. I've never had a ticket or anything other than this. I'm also in LE in the military. After I finish my BS next year I wanted to use the remainder of my GI Bill to pay for commercial flight school, but I'm afraid thats a waste now.

With no possibility of getting it expunged (being in federal court), what are my chances of any job?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">