• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fired for embezzlement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gina862

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

I was fired from my job in July for misconduct relating to embezzlement. I hired an attorney in August and we made an agreement with my previous employer to repay amounts. Although the situation involved other individuals who had gained access to my password I accepted full responsibility for the actions taken. I felt I was just as guilty as those individuals.
I have paid over 144000.00 in restitution but the amount has grown again. I received a release letter from employer stating that I would be released of all claims presented on Exhibit A only, if I paid an additional 14,300.00. Any situation not listed on exhibit A would warrant new charges. It also states that I have no recourse against employer.
The problem is that I am not being granted access to Exhibit A and do not know what is on Exhibit A. If I do not comply I am being threatened with prosecution of embezzelment of 158,000.00. I do not believe I am responsible for the execution of these transactions and do not believe that anyone else has been investigated in this matter. My attorney tells me to count my blessings and sign document and continue to make payments of $400.00 for the next three years. He has not been given access to Exhibit a either. Do I have any recourse in this matter, he does not wish to pursue and states that I am lucky that he was able to build a repoir with my employers attorneys.

Holy cow, you're lucky you're not behind bars. Don't you even think about complaining about $14k more. Really, count every one of your blessings that you aren't in jail.

I'm morbidly curious for more information though!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">