• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

first degree burglary

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

youngfingaz

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? maryland

this is my situation someone allegedly stole a laptop from an apartment in the buildin that i reside in, the laptop had a trackin device installed an whoever stole the laptop had to hack in my verizon fios wireless internet connection becuase the laptop was traced to my ip adresse, the police searched my house an no laptop was recovered or any of the other stolen items, but they are tryin to charge me with first degree burglary an theft over 1000, i havent been charged yet but the detective said they would issue an arrest warrent in the next two or three days,

I just wanna know do they have a right to arrest me even tho they havent recovered any of the stolen items??? Is the fact that a stolen laptop was used on my on internet connection enough evidence? becuase last time i checked anybody could go on youtube an anybody can figure out how too steal an internet connection, i just was always under the impression that the state need too have a witness or physical evidence too prove first degree burglary, dont they have too prove you was in the house first?? someone please give me some advice my email is [email protected]

racer72

And for $19.95 you could have put up a firewall and password protected your wireless network and none of this would have happened. A stolen device using your network is pretty damning evidence, I would suggest talking to an attorney. The device using your internet is good physical evidence.

You may want to edit your post and remove your email address. We don't personally respond to posts in these forums and trolls can search these forums for email addresses, you will soon be getting a bunch of spam.

Last edited:
It's nice of you to have shared your wireless with everyone.
The Detective knows that an IP address on an unsecured network alone isn't enough for an arrest warrent.

It might be a good idea to consult with a criminal lawyer at your soonest.
Follow their directions to the tee.

Also, DO NOT CONVERSE WITH THE DETECTIVE AGAIN, and do not agree to an interview.... it's a trap.

Now on the other hand; Stealing someones propperty is wrong! If you have any idea of who may have stolen the laptop, Tell them to return it A.S.A.P.

Just my advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">