• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

First time arrested. What can I expected???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MissJ

Hello.

Iam 17, live in california and I was arrested for shopliftting.
The merchanise was worth about thrity dollars. The merchanise was diet pills. I was cooperative with authorities and it's my first time every being in trouble with the law. I want to know what I can expect when I go to court in two months. I wanted to know if there was any chance that the judge might give me a warning because of the fact this is my first offense and if not how long until I can clear my record. I was also wondering if it was a good idea to try to inform the judge with statements from people who know me and can testify that this action was completely out of character for me. I also have a clean high school record that I can get a copy of and records of most of the community service I have done willingly on my own.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. WHat I offer is mere informtion, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

All I can tell you is this: just because you are minor doesn't mean you will treated as such by the courts.

Because this is the first offense and all of that, you want to make sure your rights are taken care of.

Seek a criminal defense attorney ASAP so you can use such character evidence (very limited) and past history.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">