• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Flight Attendant Threat

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Traveller777

What is the name of your state? New York/Florida
I was on a flight from Miami to New York and I asked the flight attendants to stop talking so loudly. They refused and I asked for their names. They would not give me their names. One flight attendant threatened me by saying, "I'll fight you. Let's take this outside and I'll kick the sh*t out of you." There were five flight attendant witnesses. Could I call this a death threat? Could I sue the airlines for civil damages?What is the name of your state?

CdwJava

No. It is not a "death threat".

You can certainly complain to the airline, but what damages did you suffer to justify a suit? But, if you have the money, you can TRY to sue anyone you want. Just don't be surprised if you pay for an attorney and a judge tosses the suit out on day one.

Complain to the airline, and next time fly another carrier.

- Carl

outonbail

Traveller777 said:
What is the name of your state? New York/Florida
I was on a flight from Miami to New York and I asked the flight attendants to stop talking so loudly.
Were they in the middle of their rant about emergency exits, oxygen masks and floating seat cushions? You do realize this was an airplane you were sitting in and not a library right?

They refused and I asked for their names. They would not give me their names.
For some reason, this question never goes over well. Kind of like asking the police for their badge number. People in authority are never impressed with redundant questions and this holds especially true when the answer to such a dumb question is printed on a tag/badge and pinned on their chest, staring you in the eyes.
One flight attendant threatened me by saying, "I'll fight you. Let's take this outside and I'll kick the sh*t out of you."
This was your big opportunity to gain his/her silence. Next time your in this situation, tell them, "OK, Let's go" Just be sure to let them step outside first, ahead of you. Then return to your seat. You will not hear another word out of them after the screaming tapers off, even the "Thud" from them hitting the earth will be out of ears reach.

There were five flight attendant witnesses. Could I call this a death threat?
No, this would be a death suggestion. If he told you he was going to throw you outside, that would be a threat. If he did throw you outside, then it would be a statement of fact. You would again, not hear another word out of them if he had, although in this case, you would clearly hear the "Thud" before the silence.

Could I sue the airlines for civil damages?What is the name of your state?
It's possible, but you would have to post what your damages were to get a more accurate answer. He obviously didn't throw you outside, so what damages did you suffer, which were a direct result of the airline's negligence or that of one of their employees?

I suggest that next time you fly, you invest 99 cents in a set of those cheap foam ear plugs. Cheap insurance if they keep you from complaining about loud voices to the point of actually being thrown out of the plane:eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">