• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Florida-Change of address without consent?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

heathuff

I dont know where to post this but I was hoping to get an answer...recently I withdrew some money from my retirement fund and I never received the check...after a few weeks I called them back and they said they had in fact sent the check to my previous address in Florida because my employer had called and changed my address and this was without my consent...isnt this illegal and what can I do about it?

seniorjudge

Q: I dont know where to post this but I was hoping to get an answer...recently I withdrew some money from my retirement fund and I never received the check...after a few weeks I called them back and they said they had in fact sent the check to my previous address in Florida because my employer had called and changed my address and this was without my consent...isnt this illegal and what can I do about it?

A: Obviously, this is an irrelevant question. The question you should be asking is where your dough is. Did you give the folks holding your money the correct address when you asked for it to be sent to you?

moburkes

What would make it illegal? How did the employer know that you were withdrawing money, so that they would then call to change the address? Why doesn't your employer have your correct address so that the correct taxes can be deducted from your check?

heathuff

Thanks for the replies...yes I finally did get the money because they reissued a check and did a stop payment on the other one...I was just under the impression that an address could not be changed by anyone but you because if that were the case couldnt someone call and change my address to an address of their choice so they could receive the check?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">