• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Florida Statute of Limitations on Larceny

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GreggFisher

I worked for the yellow pages in Florida 1998-2000. The last few months I was there, I worked on opening up a new company. I placed ads in the yellow pages without telling supervisors. I placed the ads between March and May. On July 30,2000 I was terminated for placing the ads. I was planning on resigning that afternoon, but somehow they caught wind of this and beat me to the punch. Anyways, I opened up the company along with a co worker in September. We were horrified that we were getting almost no response from the yellow page program and almost went out of business, but began direct mailing instead. We did not pay for the ad program and disconnected the phone numbers associated with the ads.
2 1/2 years later on Feb 10 2002 the phone company went to the state attorneys office and filed a complaint which resulted in a 2nd degree larceny charge. A friend of mine just stumbled across the warrant recently. My questions are: 1. What are the statute of limitations 2. If they have expired than how can I have the warrant dropped as cheaply and easily as possible 3. If they have not expired, can I wait it out or will that be more trouble 4. Do the limitations start from the date that I placed the ads, the date they fired me, or the date they decided to press charges?

Any help or sources that you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

GreggFisher

I believe from my research that the statute of limitations ended once the warrant was issued. I have not moved. Is there limitations on how long they have to at least try and serve the warrant? Its going on 3 years since the warrant was issued and they haven't even tried to serve it. Any thoughts?

GreggFisher said:
I believe from my research that the statute of limitations ended once the warrant was issued. I have not moved. Is there limitations on how long they have to at least try and serve the warrant? Its going on 3 years since the warrant was issued and they haven't even tried to serve it. Any thoughts?
Here's the thing. I am stunned. Shocked. Befuddled.

You can tell me that you worked for a nationwide corporation; that you have the intestinal fortitude and foresight to start or create your own money-making enterprise by unfair and unethical use of your employment position. Create a company, run it, even during difficult times. Have the presence of mind, talent, perception and the wherewithal to discover and determine that there exists an outstanding warrant in existence in the state of Florida.....

And yet you expect me to believe that you cannot type these few words in a Google search?

"Florida Statute of Limitations"

My first impression of you, now destroyed, commands that the words "dig deeper" were obviously not nearly strong enough.

GreggFisher

Thank you for your tremendous help. I have searched for these keywords and many other for most of the day. I could not find the information that I needed or pertained to my situation. That is why I posted it here. Thanks a lot for help and your philosophy...maybe you should join a different forum than a criminal thread.

GreggFisher said:
Thank you for your tremendous help. I have searched for these keywords and many other for most of the day. I could not find the information that I needed or pertained to my situation. That is why I posted it here. Thanks a lot for help and your philosophy...maybe you should join a different forum than a criminal thread.
Perhaps I should join a different thread. Pity too. For I hold the answers to each of the four questions you asked originally.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">