• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forced to give up dog after 11.5 years

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Gymiez

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Washington State

Last night Tribal Police came to our house approximately 830 p.m. - about our dog. We have gotten 4 tickets for this dog, for not being tied up and we've been told that someone said he chased their kid. Then again last week sometime, it happened again. Last night the police came to let us know, they would be picking up our dog today (8/26/04) and bring him to the local shelter and have him put down. We tried negotiating with them, but they said that we've had all the warnings they could give us and they would bring us to court if we didn't comply. After 45 minutes of negotiations, the cops agreed to give us 2 weeks to find a new suitable home for him. We talked about tieing him up or buying a kennel, but that was not acceptable. I am wondering, in all the years we've owned this dog, he has not ever bitten anyone, nor knocked anyone off a bike... he does bark at passer byers... but has never attacked anyone. I am wondering do I have the right to review the complaints made against us? We have 5 children and now 3 grandchildren that are so attached to this dog and very upset right now, I really don't know what to do. I've never been forced before to give up an animal.

Heart broken in Washington.

rmet4nzkx

This board is concerned with US laws only, Tribal law is soverign eg not US law, so if you are living on tribal property you must abide by their laws, however, it sounds as if you have a problem controlling your dog and have had 4 opportunities to do something about it. I suggest you make the best of the offer you have and find a new home for your dog.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">