• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

forged check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SwTooth

What is the name of your state? i am from louisiana but i travel with my husband on his job . while in texas at a motel 2 maids stoll 2 checks out of the middle of our check book . i filed charges on them . they cashed one of the checks at an heb grocery store the same day . the store has them on camera buying beer and smokes . the detective on the case said that the only one that could file charges for forgeing was the store . please explain texas law to me , and what can u expect next to happen. i am so confused , i am the one that has been violated. the check cashed was $175.10

D

DogToenails

The check probably never made it to your bank so you weren't out any money. Or did it?

Also, did you see the video? Because I would love to know how funny it was to see 2 maids carrying $175 worth of beer and cigarettes.

S

SwTooth

No , I did not see the video , but it was them at the cash register checking out . They wrote the check and got 50.00 back . This is what the HEB store told me . The check had made it to the bank and yes we are out the money .We put a stop on both checks and our bank said that HEB store would have to return our money . The detective assigned to the case has not even started on it yet .

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">