• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

forged signature/mortgage broker

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

triplethrees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

forged signature/mortgage broker
Hello to all and i apologize if i have posted this message in the incorrect forum as i am a newbie in this arena.
I am seeking help in the following matter which may not be new to some of you based on the threads i have read. Here is the situation:

My parents are currently involved in refinancing their mortgage. I too am doing the same. There was a bill in question that i paid off that showed up on my father's credit report as he and i share the same name with the exception of our middle initial and social #. In any event, i paid the bill off and forwarded upon request of his broker the letter showing the zero balance etc. Which i did.

They had presented me with a letter to sign that their broker drew up in request in pulling my credit to verify all of my credit info i guess to dispute this on my parents behalf to show that the bill does not belong to them but to me. I REFUSED TO SIGN THE LETTER because i could not allow any inquires to be posted on my file as i am on the border line of credit inquires as mentioned to me by my broker. Cutting to the chase, my name was forged on the document and forwarded to the broker who then proceeded to pull my credit without any consent from me. I called him and inquired but that conversation did not go very well. i called my mother and asked why did she do this but she said nothing.

I would like to know what i can do as i wish to seek damages from both my parents for doing this unlawful act and from the company they are dealing with. I also need to know of any legal aid representation i can get i nthe state of NY as i have no money to retain a lawyer because all of my present cash has been tied up in my own refinance. I searched all over the net but was not successful. my last resort is to contact the NY Bar association so see if i can get a pro bono for this case.
In the interim, please advise as to what i need to do in this matter as i am so utterly distraught for obvious reasons. Thanks for taking time to read this message and again i apologize if i have posted in the wrong forum. Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">