• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forged Signature On Quitclaim Deed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

elena70

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
Just found out that my ex husband had someone to forge my signature on a quitclaim deed in order to sell a property we had together, this happened in 2002, can i still persue him with charges??

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
Just found out that my ex husband had someone to forge my signature on a quitclaim deed in order to sell a property we had together, this happened in 2002, can i still persue him with charges??
When a quit claim is signed you must have proof of your idenity...So how did he manage to forge your name?? And why are you just now finding this out?

elena70

When a quit claim is signed you must have proof of your idenity...So how did he manage to forge your name?? And why are you just now finding this out?
I believe he had his mistress then, his wife now, with a fake i.d. and signed it, or the public notary was in it too, don´t know for sure how he did it, the only thing i´m sure,is that i never signed it, and i just found out, because i had a terrible situacion of domestic violence and took my kids and moved to Mexico, and he kept lying about the house, and i was too afraid confront him.

CdwJava

Contact the police immediately. They will (hopefully) be able to give some direction as to who to report this to (the agency of jurisdiction will likely be the location where this deed was passed as being valid).

The problem you will have will be the time that has passed. You might have to show that you could not have reasonably known about the sale of the property until now. But, if you accepted payment or a share of the property before this, that argument will be hard to make.

Depending on the amount of money involved, it may be of benefit for you to speak to an attorney as well.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">