• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forgery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mark19401

What is the name of your state? PA

In April of 2001, I was absent from work. My employer called me and wanted documentation before I could return to work. I wrote a doctors note and they called the doctor and the doctor called the police. I was arrested for forgery (a felony).
I plead guity and was convicted of forgery in August of 2001. I am on probation until August 2004. I am having a hard time getting a decent job. I just applied for a position in finance and the bottom line was no felonys. Is there anyway at this point I can have that reduced to a misdeameaner or are there any other steps I can take. Thank you.

Mark

cmorris

Once you plead guilty, you agree to waive all of your constitutional rights. Your only hope is expungement, but I believe you have to wait five years, without getting into any trouble.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

TOP 10 Reasons That Forging A Doctor's Note Will Get You Into Trouble - -

NUMBER 10: Now, to get your next job, you'll need to forge a letter of recommendation from President Bush.

NUMBER 9: Your employer didn't believe your doctor's note because you put your own address on the note.

NUMBER 8: When he saw your "doctor's note", your employer suffered a groin pull from laughing so hard.

NUMBER 7: Suspicion occurred when your employer saw the name, "Dr. Kevorkian".

NUMBER 6: The "note" looked funny when it said, "Please excuse Mikey from work - - signed, Mikey's doctor".

NUMBER 5: "Please excuse Mikey from work. Last Tuesday, I removed 17 pounds of plastic Easter grass from his stomach."

NUMBER 4: Your employer didn't believe your "note" because he recognized your doctor's name was the same as the kid who was mopping the Supermarket floor.

NUMBER 3: Your next employer's name is "Bubba".

NUMBER 2: In your "Exit Interview form", you fill in the blanks: "I'm going to break your ____ing neck, you mother ____".

AND NOW, the NUMBER ONE Reason That Forging A Doctor's Note Will Get You Into Trouble - -

After your jury trial, you'll be meeting with advisors to settle on your prison nickname.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">