• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forgery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jeannie028

What is the name of your state? Colorado

I had my check book stolen about 6 months ago. I had closed the account, however, someone I barely knew went to the bank and pretended to be an employee of mine and got 2 checks cashed totaling about 286.00. I contacted the bank and told them that the checks had been stolen. Since then the person that stole the checks had her parents pay the bank the money back. The police investigator told me that she was still looking at 2 counts of forgery which is a class 5 felony. She recently just got arrested and was released on warrants from passing the checks. My question is, assuming she has no prior criminal history, will she have to do jail time and if so how much. Thanks for your info.

dequeendistress

Anything is possible and without all relevant facts, I do not believe anyone can give you an answer that would be 100% correct. In other words, there is no "crystal ball" to forsee outcomes of criminal cases.

Probation in the least is warranted.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">