• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forgery?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shanesays19

What is the name of your state?
PA

Under any circumstances is it legal to date a signed document 2 years prior? (a government document)

What if you claim the original document that actually existed in 2002 (with no existing copies or proof of existence) is missing and you want to replace it with a document signed for teh apparent same date?

Bravo8

It depends.

It would be perfectly legal depending upon the intended use of the document, and who is reported to sign such a document.

However, purporting the document to be the actual one signed in 2002 would be a crime if you presented it officially. It is unlawful to invite reliance upon a document knowing it to be false.

Perhaps if you provided a bit more information about the situation, I could offer more guidance.

S

shanesays19

OK, more info as follows:

For a retirement plan, which is self-kept, the (IRS form) from 2000 states one thing in reference to eligibility. When inquiring about my won eligibility the employer stated that the requiremetns changed in 2002 making me ineligible.

Mysteriously over teh weekend a new irs form appeared in the file which was "signed" in 2002. however, it was signed in ink, not a copy and appeared new.

When questioned the proposed signee stated "it was indeed printed and signed within the last week" because "the old one was lost and no copies exist so i had to make a new one"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">