• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

forgery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bodyaccent

What is the name of your state? ohio
i recently was arrested for forgery of a perscription letter, this letter told me to go back up to a previous dosage of medicine.
it was supposed to go back to a certain date at my request. the date in ? was 2/2/05. the letter was written to me for the required item, but no amounts were specified.
it said to go back to your previou dosage of 3 a day and to increase another medicine as well.great i thought, im going to go to a new dr in 3 weeks and now the difference in amounts of med from the first script to now match,
the date look funny, like they had to redo a stamp to get the date right, i put the lines on this document, my document and place it in my medical records folder.
i go to a new dr, who asks to copy my records,i give them to her as this is a consult only, maybe she can help my condition maybe not.
sevberal days later im asked to come pick up my records, when i get there,
im given my folder and a photo copied paper of my letter. im told the dr still has it but will get it back in a couple of days.
2 weeks later in called by the local police about some perscriptions. i go in to find out what he's talking about to find out im being accused of forgeing this document... i talk to him and all seems to be alright, 5 months later im arrested and charged with a felony 5 forgery of a perscription letter..
is this possible. it was my document, and it was for my own records what should i do in this pending situation? :mad: :mad:

Some Random Guy

You state that you put lines on the document and photocopied it.

Assuming you can show the original to the police along with your innocently modified photocopy, I don't see why these charges would stick.

You do have the original, don't you? Or can you get a copy of it from your old physician?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">