• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

forgery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kathi2047

What is the name of your state? tn
If a ck was mailed for a refund and had my name and another partys name on it that I have an account with and they deposited or cashed it by forging my signature or not putting my signature on it at all, Can I press charges against them?

HomeGuru

kathi2047 said:
What is the name of your state? tn
If a ck was mailed for a refund and had my name and another partys name on it that I have an account with and they deposited or cashed it by forging my signature or not putting my signature on it at all, Can I press charges against them?

**A: if the check was deposited into a joint account, where the payees on the check are the same indivduals as on the joint bank account, how was there forgery?

kathi2047

We do not have a joint banking account. We have a mortgage together he was sent an escrow refund ck payable to both of us. He either deposited or cashed it without my signature or someone had to forge my name if it had my signature. I am waiting on a copy of the ck and was wanting to know what the law is?? THANKS

HomeGuru

kathi2047 said:
We do not have a joint banking account. We have a mortgage together he was sent an escrow refund ck payable to both of us. He either deposited or cashed it without my signature or someone had to forge my name if it had my signature. I am waiting on a copy of the ck and was wanting to know what the law is?? THANKS

**A: post back when you get a copy of the check (both front and back) and can provide us with complete facts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">