• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forgery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Czrny

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota

I cosigned an auto title, so my niece could get cheaper insurance through my provider. The auto was sold without my knowledge. The title was signed by someone else forging my signature. A new vehicle was purchased, again with someone else forging my signature to the new title. I found out about the new vehicle when she wanted to sell that one. I refused to sign off on the title because I didn't sign it in the first place. My sister signed my name to the title so it could be sold. I went to the Driver and Vehicle Services in Saint Paul and received a copy of the Title Transfer for one of the vehicles, (For the signatures), But I still need the other signatures to show that only one of them is mine. I know I need an Attorney, but I'm disabled and my funds are limited. What should I do to pursue this matter?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota

I cosigned an auto title, so my niece could get cheaper insurance through my provider. The auto was sold without my knowledge. The title was signed by someone else forging my signature. A new vehicle was purchased, again with someone else forging my signature to the new title. I found out about the new vehicle when she wanted to sell that one. I refused to sign off on the title because I didn't sign it in the first place. My sister signed my name to the title so it could be sold. I went to the Driver and Vehicle Services in Saint Paul and received a copy of the Title Transfer for one of the vehicles, (For the signatures), But I still need the other signatures to show that only one of them is mine. I know I need an Attorney, but I'm disabled and my funds are limited. What should I do to pursue this matter?
How were you damaged and what do you hope to accomplish?

Czrny

Her insurance payments were payed by me with her agreement that she would reimburse me for the amount owed to me. She had the 1st vehicle for about 3 months before she sold it. She did not reimburse me for the 3 insurance payments. I would never have agreed to provide insurance payments for the 2nd vehicle, until I was reimbursed for the 1st one. She had the 2nd vehicle for about 11 months. Her insurance payments were approximately $100.00/Mo.
At the time, my mental health was at a low point. (I suffer from Chronic Major Depression), and I have difficulty being aware of time passing. I didn't realize until I started treatment, how much time actually passed by.

Antigone*

Her insurance payments were payed by me with her agreement that she would reimburse me for the amount owed to me. She had the 1st vehicle for about 3 months before she sold it. She did not reimburse me for the 3 insurance payments. I would never have agreed to provide insurance payments for the 2nd vehicle, until I was reimbursed for the 1st one. She had the 2nd vehicle for about 11 months. Her insurance payments were approximately $100.00/Mo.
At the time, my mental health was at a low point. (I suffer from Chronic Major Depression), and I have difficulty being aware of time passing. I didn't realize until I started treatment, how much time actually passed by.
So sue her in small claims court for the amount she owes. If she no longer has the vehicle then it no longer needs to be insured.

Call your insurance and make sure the vehicle is no longer on your policy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">