• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forgery Arizona 13-2002

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

josie1

What is the name of your state? AZ

I have a friend who has been Charged with Forgery. Here is the situation:

Sally's boyfriend Brian receives a check from a friend for work done. Brian has no id, so he gives the check to Sally and asks her to cash it for me. The check contains the amount, signature and date, but no pay to the order of.

Sally is concerned and calls the friend and asks if this is a good check. The friend says yes.

Sally goes to the bank where the check is drawn from - has placed her own name in the pay to the order of line and attempts to cash it. The teller tells Sally she can not cash the check. Sally leaves the bank - forgetting her id on the counter. Sally goes home and is angry with boyfriend as check is not good. The next day, Sally realizes she left her id at the bank, and returns to pick it up. The police are called and Sally is arrested for forgery.

The check had been stolen and passed hands twice before getting to Sally's boyfriend. Sally is being charged with forgery under statute 13-2002 - falsely completing a written instrument.

Sally has been appointed a public defender. The public defender will not call any witness's other then sally on her behalf. The boyfriend has a criminal background which shoots down his credibility. The same with the person who gave him the check.

Sally has tracked down herself, who actually stole the check. He is a bad person and threatened to kill her if she gives up his name. While Sally has 2 small children, she does not want to be jailed for something she did not do.

Sally has provider the public defender and to her best knowledge the prosecutor who actually stole the check. They say the information came to late and have not pursued it.

Sally refused a plea agreement that would give her 6 years of probation. She didn't do anything wrong, but trust the wrong people.

Any words of wisdom? Trial is this next week and the public defender is not a very positive person? Thanks

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

josie1 said:
What is the name of your state? AZ

I have a friend who has been Charged with Forgery. Here is the situation:

Sally's boyfriend Brian receives a check from a friend for work done. Brian has no id, so he gives the check to Sally and asks her to cash it for me. The check contains the amount, signature and date, but no pay to the order of.

Sally is concerned and calls the friend and asks if this is a good check. The friend says yes.

Sally goes to the bank where the check is drawn from - has placed her own name in the pay to the order of line and attempts to cash it. The teller tells Sally she can not cash the check. Sally leaves the bank - forgetting her id on the counter. Sally goes home and is angry with boyfriend as check is not good. The next day, Sally realizes she left her id at the bank, and returns to pick it up. The police are called and Sally is arrested for forgery.

The check had been stolen and passed hands twice before getting to Sally's boyfriend. Sally is being charged with forgery under statute 13-2002 - falsely completing a written instrument.

Sally has been appointed a public defender. The public defender will not call any witness's other then sally on her behalf. The boyfriend has a criminal background which shoots down his credibility. The same with the person who gave him the check.

Sally has tracked down herself, who actually stole the check. He is a bad person and threatened to kill her if she gives up his name. While Sally has 2 small children, she does not want to be jailed for something she did not do.

Sally has provider the public defender and to her best knowledge the prosecutor who actually stole the check. They say the information came to late and have not pursued it.

Sally refused a plea agreement that would give her 6 years of probation. She didn't do anything wrong, but trust the wrong people.

Any words of wisdom? Trial is this next week and the public defender is not a very positive person? Thanks

My response:

You tried so hard to write this long, bullcrap post in the "third person". Then, early on, you blew it when you wrote, "Brian has no id, so he gives the check to Sally and asks her to cash it for me".

If you're going to write anonymously, you may as well write in the "first person". No one knows who you are, and better still, we don't care. You're all a bunch of criminals anyway.

IAAL

josie1

Dear IAAL,

I was looking for words of wisdom, not criticism of my writing. This is truely in regards to a friend who is in trouble. I have seen your responses to others situations and they were basically the same as you responded to this situation, USELESS - DEMEANING - GARBAGE. My hope is that someday, you find yourself facing charges and no one will be around to assist you. You are the one that is a criminal by using a forum to write the GARBAGE you do.

B

blameshifting

I tell my daughters to avoid having criminal boyfriends who don't have any ID.

It really cuts down on the odds of ending up in jail.

The public defender isn't real positive because the public defender spends every work day defending a bunch of low life criminals who are all innocent victims.

Over and over again the same old stories, I have no idea how those drugs got in my car (other than the druggie friends I hang out with). I had no idea that camcorder was stolen, I bought it from one of my druggie friends. I had no idea that check I got from my criminal boyfriend who has no ID and hasn't worked a legit job in 10 years was bad. I had no idea the car was stolen, my druggie buddies said he borrowed it from a friend and lent it to me and lost the keys so he had to hotwire it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">