• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forgery charges against husband on probation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SLilyBelle

I live in Georgia. I pressed charges against my (con-man) husband for forging 15 of my checks at drug stores around town. He turned out to be addicted to prescription drugs, and then I found out that I was wife #6 (thinking I was wife #2) and he's done this to all the others. After a lot of research, I found wife #5, and contacted her.....Her story is the same. She filed charges on the checks he'd forged of hers, but the DA dropped them since they were married when he wrote them! He did get sentenced for two checks he'd written off his mother's account - and forging her name.

I did not give this man permission to steal my checks and forge my name - married or not! His name is not on my account, and he never signed a signature card, and so it was FORGERY! I had him arrested for 15 stolen/forged checks, and he's currently in jail. He was on probation for forging his mother's checks, so he's hopefully going to get it for those.

My question - HOW can they drop the forgery charges when a spouse files???? How does being married to the person you're stealing from make it right???? I want him to go to jail for a long time so he doesn't do it to another unsuspecting woman! Numbers 7, 8, 9 and 10 are out there......!!! And he's just slick enough to con another woman.

Will he at least get time for breaking probation? I just found out he had another year on his probation (something I wasn't aware of about his past!). How much time will he likely get???

Help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">