• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forgery Charges in MO? Help Please!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cnegativex

What is the name of your state? Missouri

I am asking this for a friend. We will call her Lucy for reference sake.
Lucy recently placed a restraining order on her ex boyfriend. After the order was placed lucy was living with her mother. Her ex bf came to the mothers house and kicked the door in. The cops were called. He was arrested for the incident he was already on probation. He was released from jail shortly after the two rekindled thier relationship. His case was pending. There was a contract that was supposed to be signed by Lucys Boyfriend and her mother. The contract was in reference to reimbursement for the door and was court ordered. Lucy failed to catch up to her mother to have her sign the contract. She decided to call her mother about signing the document herself. Lucys mother gave her verbal permission by phone to forge her signature on the contract. Hours later Lucys mother changed her mind about the contract and informed the DA that she did not want to agree to the contract. When the DA informed her it was signed and submitted to the case she explained that she had not signed the document and Lucy had. The document was thrown out of the case and the boyfriend went to jail. The DA has been in touch with Lucys mother since then trying to get an official statement the they may or may not get.

What can Lucy expect to face here? Forgery is a Class C felony in MO but, will it be more since it was an official court document? Could it be Federal? Would Lucys mom have an option to not press charges or would the state run with it at this point??

Please any advice would be appreciated!
To any moderators who may have to move this post I do apologize in advance if my placement was inappropriate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">