• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

forgery/evil ex-wives

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

redhead2racy

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Texas

My husband and his ex-wife are co-owners in a house that has not yet been sold according to their divorce decree due to an unresolved black mold claim. Since they were separating at the time that this began, the ex-wife moved into a townhouse ($2400 monthly including furniture rental) with the children arranged for by the insurance company to be paid for with ALE monies. He moved in with a friend ($317 monthly). The mortgage is $1400 monthly.

The problems/questions
1. After 8 months, she took the children and moved out of state leaving $9000 in unpaid rent on the townhouse. She had arranged on her own for the rent to be paid for by her and not the insurance. There was also $1400 in damages from her filthy little dog and her crashing into the garage while drunk driving. She has moved in with her parents and has chosen to stay unemployed. Oh wait - she wants to be a model. They are coming to my husband now for the unpaid rent. He never lived there.

2. She abandoned the car that she received "custody" of in the divorce decree at a local dealership. This was in both of their names - his being the primary. We received notice today that it has been auctioned off and that there is $10,100 due on the car.

3. My husband can no longer afford his half of the mortgage payments (with child support and out of state medical insurance on the children taken out of his check, he brings home 30% of his pay).

4. He requested and received copies of insurance checks that were written to both of them and his name was forged on 3 of the 4 checks. The check he signed was for $918 and deposited into their joint account. The forged checks total $9950.

5. He cashed in and split his 401K with the ex to pay off bills. She bought a new truck instead.

What can we do about all of this mess? How much of this is going to affect me (other than the mental stress).

Thank you so much for any advise. I will run a full background check on my next husband.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">