• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forgery, false reporting, blackmail first time in trouble with the law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sto0pidgirl89

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Utah

I worked at a pawn shop.
I one day created a pawn ticket under my husbands name- for the amount of 100 dollars. This was an accident I did not take any money (which I know surveillance cameras will show) but I did not know how to erase or undo the pawn (I was fairly new at the time) and so I stupidly signed and finger printed the pawn receipt. Put it away and forgot about it.
Months later the manager/owner was doing inventory and noticed an item was missing- she somehow found out that I had created a fake pawn and assumed I took the money. She told me I was a criminal and a thief and that she was going to press charges on me if I didn't send her some paperwork I had been working on for her and erase the files from my computer.
I told her I didn't take the money and to check the cameras- So she changed her threats and said would charge me with forgery and reporting false information to the police (a copy of all receipts go to the police)

I complied with all her requests send her an email of the work I was doing, erase the file from my computer and gave her what I had left to do.

She emailed me again recently threatening me once again that she was going to press charges on me for forgery.
I told her I already sent her a copy which I cannot resend since she asked me to delete the file and I already turned in what I had left.

Is she blackmailing me she keeps on threatening me I already complied what more can I do?
And can she charge me with forgery since it was not her name but my husband's name on the pawn receipt?
I don't have a prior criminal history or any kind, I have a clean record- I think she's mad because I was other wise a very good employee I had never missed single day of work in the six months that I was there- but I quit suddenly on her because I got a better job offer at a law office of all places...
Please someone help I'm a 21 year old woman who's going to school full time and working full time, who has never committed a crime- and who's life could be ruined over this. I a legal permanent resident, and have been for 15 years-I could even be deported over this issue.

dave33

If she chooses she can report what she knows to the police. Than they would investigate and possibly charge you. There's not to much you can do about that.

xylene

How did you "accidentally" create a false pawn ticket?

I mean I can see accidentally knocking over some boxes...

PS - Id don't see how insisting that after you were fired that you return documents you were working on is blackmail.

I think your post sounds delusional.

sto0pidgirl89

lol@delusional

okay so I input the information and I didn't know how to undo it and accidental printed out the receipt instead. yola the pawn was created.
In the pawn shop world it happens all the time you accidentally create a pawn managers know how to erase an accidentally created pawn by voiding it- in my case I don't know how to do that.
I thought my manager would get mad so I didn't say anything...

also blackmail- she keeps on threatening to press charges, if I don't do "x" for her, and continues to harass even after those request have been met- is this not blackmail? That's my question- it's silly to ridicule someone who does not know that is why they are asking in the first place.

xylene

Yola...

okay so I input the information and I didn't know how to undo it and accidental printed out the receipt instead. yola the pawn was created.
In the pawn shop world it happens all the time you accidentally create a pawn managers know how to erase an accidentally created pawn by voiding it- in my case I don't know how to do that.
I thought my manager would get mad so I didn't say anything...

also blackmail- she keeps on threatening to press charges, if I don't do "x" for her, and continues to harass even after those request have been met- is this not blackmail? That's my question- it's silly to ridicule someone who does not know that is why they are asking in the first place.
Why were you imputing your boyfriends information? Did you have some valid reason for doing this that would make the pawn ticket therefore an accident rather than a fraud and forgery you regretted immediately?

That was my point and if you don't see that, then I stand by my delusional comment.

What are these 'things' she is asking of you.

You said to return the work. What else. She has right to ask that.

I think you need realize that you are not going to be able to claim 'blackmail' without a lot more than the vagueness you said.

Because there is NOTHING vague about what you did being fraud and forgery of some kind, unless you have a much better explanation than you were afraid to tell your manager.

sto0pidgirl89

1. I was in my husband account for no particular reason looking at his picture or to see if had any pawns probably
2. I did not "immidiately regret" anything- to have regret implies one had intent to begin with and that once that action was comitted one regretted it. An accident my very dense friend means there was no intent of commuting said act making it an accident, a blunder a mistake or whatever you like to call it- it's unintentinal
3. I hope you can keep up this time and I'll go extra slow just for you:
she wanted work I completed back, she wanted work not done yet back and lastly she wanted all files pertaining to that work erased. Check check and check the three things were done in that order.
Okay still with me?
This cow continues to harrass me about her damned paper work which I already turned in. I can't even resend it because it has been deleted just like she asked. She keeps saying she going to press charges and I almost wish she would already so she'll stop harrassing me.
finaly lets see hoe delusional I am ( funny I didn't know I was having delusions...)
Blacks law dictionary defines Blackmail as " Obtaining money or property by threat to a victim's property or loved ones, intimidation, or false claim of a right (such as pretending to be an IRS agent). It is a felony in all states, except that a direct threat to harm the victim is usually treated as the crime of robbery. Blackmail is a form of extortion in which the threat is to expose embarrassing, damaging information usualy of a criminal nature to family, friends or the public."

Last edited:

cyjeff

Here is what you do.

Call the police on her.

That should be interesting. I wouldn't have anything else to do that day.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">