• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forgery and Fraud/I'm really scared/ HELP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

looziana5

What is the name of your state?:confused: What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Texas

I think I may have a big problem. I have a ex-business partner (we only had a verbal agreement, nothing in writing...was in the process of getting this but he had to leave the country for immigration issues, which he forgot to tell me about), any way, he gave me verbal permission to sign a document to purchase the equipment for the business ($28,000.00 worth). Unfortunately, due to him leaving the country and other investors pulling out the company did not survive. I had to file bankruptcy to get the creditors I had coming after me to stop. Now, the particular creditor that he gave me permission to sign for is coming after him...he told me that he could not have a judgement or a bankruptcy against him because it would affect his status and would hinder him getting his citizenship here.

I think he is going to tell the company that I forged his signature, and they will probably come after me with criminal charges. The only good news is that I have a witness that heard him give me permission, along with all of his information to fill out the application. I also have email correspondances with him discussing this and he never says that he did not give me permission. I also spoke with him several months ago and told him that this creditor would be coming after him and he was going to discuss this with his attoney and figure out what to do. He was aware of all of this.

He keeps mentioning that I did not have power of attorney. I understand this, and I told him that I am not a criminal, I would not have signed his name with out his permission, otherwise there would be much more in his name for the business...I would not risk going to jail over this. I have little kids.

It seems like he will do anything to stop this from going on his credit, even if it doesn't affect his citizenship.

My question is 5 part. 1. Will his status of becoming a citizen truely be affected? 2. He did give me his permission to sign and I have proof, can I still get in trouble? What kind of trouble? 3. What is the process once the company files charges? 4. I researched a little about the whole criminal intent thing. i don't think there was any criminal intent here, he new everything and gave permission, what is the definition of that and how might that help me? 5. What is that typical attorney fee for represntation for something like this, would a public offender be just as good? PLEASE HELP ASAP.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">