• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forgery and Fraud/Stolen Checks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

VAFields8

What is the name of your state? Alabama In July of this year, while I was out of town, my old roommate stole checks from me and wrote four of them (on a closed account). I was told this is a felony. I am responsible for paying these checks and they have been paid but I would still like to press charges. Will I be within my legal rights to sue or press charges and if so, on what charges. Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

JETX

You shouldn't concern yourself with what the charges could be (forgery, theft, etc.). The county prosecutor will be more than glad to determine the appropriate charges. Contact the police and file a report (you do realize that their will be some doubts due to your delay in reporting though).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">