• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

forgery question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mr ranger

What is the name of your state?indiana
my soo to be ex wife has severe memory problems due to chemo and has a bad drinking problem, and has been admitted by the police twice for her drinking, anyway she thinks back about 3 yrs ago that i signed her name on a refinace form with our car loan people, she signed it but has no memory of it and believes that i signed her name, the loan has since been paid off and i have the title of the car..now my question is, am i going to have to fight her on this, shes adimit that shes going to press charges on me for forgery and even has called the loan company to advise them ..im a little worried... should i be?

zippysgoddess

Find a good attorney who can find you a handwriting expert. They can tell within minutes if it matches her signature or yours and then you will have your defense or may be able to get her to drop her threat of charges altogether.

Even if someone is under the influence of alcohol or other substances, there are certain handwriting characteristics that always show through to identify their writing.

calatty

No, you have no reason to worry. The police will have zero interest in this case. It involves husband and wife, no money was fraudulently obtained, and the statute of limitations may have even run.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">