• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

forging husbands name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sylviaseymour

i live in missouri

in march of 1999 my husband and i were legally seperated and in the process of getting a divorce

since we were still married when it came time to file income taxes we had to file as married ( or we did even if we did not have to)

we have 2 children so we go back about $4000. he told me to go to H&R Block and pick up the check since the people knew us they let me sign for it (he was aware of this)

since he was not paying me child support at the time i decided to take it to the bank and cash the check, i did and kept the money..i signed his and my name to the check

now over three years later I have decided to take him back to court to get more child support (he pays a whopping $280 a month total for both kids)

so now he is threating to file some kind of forgery charges aginst me if I take him back to court

I want to know what the statue of limitations is on this...since he did not file the charges three years ago...can he still do this...

thanks in advance for your help......

Sylviaseymour

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">