+ Reply to Thread
    Kent1027 Guest

Angry Former employer falsified records and is now trying to prosecute

What is the name of your state? New York
    my wifes former employer fired her four months ago. at the time she owed him about five hundred dollars for a tab the employer had let her run, the employer also claimed she owed almost two thousand dollars in register shortages. in past years my wife would pay her shortages when she got her income tax return, i had told her she did not have to pay those because it is the business owners loss and he had no right to charge her for them. then when my wife didn't pay him this year he has now created false documentation to make it look like she had been stealing, and the employer has convinced the local beat cop to present their "evidence" to the ada at the police department. my question is; how can they get away with this and is there any way to turn the tables on them? my wife is totally inocent and has never stolen from her job, and this guy knows it he just wants the money she owes him. buy the way she has been sending him $25.00 a week for the past month. what would your advice be? there are a number of former employees that would be willing to testify that this employer has never kept detailed records in the past and ussually throws them away as soon as a new day starts. he also has a lottery commission (which is the mainstay of his business) and he fronts for one of the cities biggest bookies, the guy is just a real jerk but it feels like he's getting away with this and my wife and i are getting nervous.
    Son of Slam is offline Senior Member

For $500...

I would suggest you back up your pickup to the front of your home, hook it up and book it on down the road.
    Kent1027 Guest

sos seems to be a revered commentator

sos, you come off as a real shallow yet pompus ass who is so cinical that no ones problems are real. well F**_ you! your nothing more than a used piece of toilet paper, that right your an ass-wipe!!
    Son of Slam is offline Senior Member

Re: sos seems to be a revered commentator

Originally posted by Kent1027
    sos, you come off as a real shallow yet pompus ass who is so cinical that no ones problems are real. well F**_ you! your nothing more than a used piece of toilet paper, that right your an ass-wipe!!

Well said.