• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

former roommate using my address for fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

genihanna

What is the name of your state? Florida

I had a woman living with me from Nov. 2002 til June 2004 (when she went to jail) When she got out, 90 days later, she would not be living with me anymore. During the time, though, she had gotten her state ID renewed with my address on it.

Today, on my front door, was a certified letter slip for her. It turns out she helped her daughter rent a car and they never returned it or something.

:mad: What do I need to do? I want my address off her ID - how can I do that?

seniorjudge

genihanna said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

I had a woman living with me from Nov. 2002 til June 2004 (when she went to jail) When she got out, 90 days later, she would not be living with me anymore. During the time, though, she had gotten her state ID renewed with my address on it.

Today, on my front door, was a certified letter slip for her. It turns out she helped her daughter rent a car and they never returned it or something.

:mad: What do I need to do? I want my address off her ID - how can I do that?

On any mail she gets, draw a diagonal line through her name and write on the envelope, NOT AT THIS ADDRESS.

There is no way you can change her ID.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">