• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BlindJustice

Illinois - I hold a position at my present employment where I am able to see many of the company's purchases. It it with proof that I have been thinking of reporting two top management individuals who have been stealing from the company. They have been doing this for many years with the company's american express card; this is being done by purchasing personal items to include but not limited to: prescribed medication, grocery, personal computers (which they have taken home) clothing, computer supplies, rented cars, vacations, etc. I want to do the right thing but I don't know where to start. I must be very careful with my own position. If this leaks out, it will be very easy for them to know that it was I who leaked out the information. Is there a specific office in Chicago that I can reach by telephone - or in writing (not using my name of course)?
Any advice... please.

Last edited:

D

dankk

Tricky, but the only way is to present this evicence to the president, then hire a lawyer and prepare to be fired.

My advice is to allege they have a drinking/drug problem which led them to steal from the company.

Becuase you will need some major league defense to get them to either not fire you or to settle out of court.

You have to understand doo-gooders whistleblowers are supposed to be protected from reprisal, but in reality its the executives who are coddled and protected from the law not you. Plus the company usually helps them pay their legal fees.

So to play the good employee will cost you tons of money, thats why it makes sense to come out with both barrles shooting and allege drug usage among the executives as a way to lessen your fiancial damages.

Have they missed or have unexplained days off from work?

Its all a game of BS, they will find reasons to let you go so what will you do? If you claim drug use after they fire you it could be considered revenge sour grapes,on your part.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">