• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

babersb

I paid someone in another state $600 for a moped that he was to ship to me. I found him over an internet site and emailed him to buy this moped. I have been contacting Internet Fraud Sites that would possible handle my case, but because this is a person that sold this to me and not a business they will not do anything about it.

I just want my $600 back. He told me he was going to be refunding me the money. I never got the money and he won't respond to my e-mails.

What should I do? The Internet Fraud company said I should hire a lawyer and go to court for fraud, but I do not have the funds for this.

T

Tracey

Try turning the debt over to a collection company. They'll keep a percentage of any money they get. Or, just forget about it & add the eBay escrow company to your bookmarks/favorites list.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws. [email protected] - please include some facts so I know who you are!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">