• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

alreadyastar

What is the name of your state? texas
my questions is i have be fraud on the delivery of goods. i paid this lady who was suppose be a wholesaler for goods and i paid her $1300.00 for the goods. After being in contact with this person for two weeks. i discovered that she was scamming me and others. i was lucky enough to get her arrested, but what i want to know is if i can freeze her assets to get my money back.
she was in missouri at the time she was scamming all these people, so i don't know exactly what to do and whose system i need to go through since i am in texas and she is in missouri.

JETX

You can file a lawsuit against her in her home county, and if you win, you can then take action as provided by state laws to enforce the judgment. Without the judgment.... you have no legal right to her property.

One thing that might help you.... it is possible that upon her conviction, the criminal court could order her to pay restitution to her victims. Contact the prosecuting attorney to see if that can be arranged.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">