• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lala22231

wow..well i can say..im definitely flying the straight arrow from now on
This is happening to me currently, except its my fathers company that they have issued a subpoena duces tecum to produce documents relating to my work history. I was on payroll only to receive health insurance benefits and received a paycheck of like $300 bi weekly... I never actually really worked for my fathers company just got paycheck for health insurance... not sure what to do..

If I tell them that they will try to charge my father with fraud. Do you know if he could assert the 5th amendment privilege as in the case ofUnited States v. Hubbell that held:

The Supreme Court ruled in favor of Hubbell. The Court held that the Fifth Amendment privilege against self-incrimination protects a witness from being compelled to disclose the existence of incriminating documents that the Government is unable to describe with reasonable particularity. The Court also ruled that if the witness produces such documents, pursuant to a grant of immunity, the government may not use them to prepare criminal charges against him.

If not, i can't have any criminal charges on my record against moral turpitude as my career would be over... The investigators don't want to talk to me.. as they are not done with their investigation yet.

quincy

This is happening to me currently, except its my fathers company that they have issued a subpoena duces tecum to produce documents relating to my work history. I was on payroll only to receive health insurance benefits and received a paycheck of like $300 bi weekly... I never actually really worked for my fathers company just got paycheck for health insurance... not sure what to do..

If I tell them that they will try to charge my father with fraud. Do you know if he could assert the 5th amendment privilege as in the case ofUnited States v. Hubbell that held:

The Supreme Court ruled in favor of Hubbell. The Court held that the Fifth Amendment privilege against self-incrimination protects a witness from being compelled to disclose the existence of incriminating documents that the Government is unable to describe with reasonable particularity. The Court also ruled that if the witness produces such documents, pursuant to a grant of immunity, the government may not use them to prepare criminal charges against him.

If not, i can't have any criminal charges on my record against moral turpitude as my career would be over... The investigators don't want to talk to me.. as they are not done with their investigation yet.
This thread was started for you, lala22231, because you tacked your post onto an old thread. You will still need to provide us with your state name, however. Thanks.

I can tell you now, though, that you will have to wait to see what the investigators discover in their investigation. You and your father will both want to have attorneys with you before answering any questions asked you by the investigators and before turning over any documents. And both you and your father will need attorneys if charges are filed against you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">