• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fraud allegations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

provemypoint

What is the name of your state? California
My ex-boyfriend's (Jerk) mother is fiduciary of his VA pension due to his financial incompetence. Jerk constantly scams her to get more money and since he has no checking account or way to cash the checks she gives him I deposited them and gave him the cash. Over 2 months have passed since I cashed the 2 checks for Jerk now being investigated. Jerk told me about a month ago that his mom was out to get me (long story-can you say co-dependent?!). Jerk said mom asked about 2 checks cashed at my bank in April 05 and he told her he asked me to cash them and told her I did nothing wrong, he takes full responsibility. One check was for rent on a new place (had no intentions of renting the place-just wanted cash) and the other check's payable to and amount were blank, memo stated for tire alignment. I deposited the checks and withdrew the cash from atm both times and have bank records proving this. Today I got a call from the police investigating fraud on his account and was asked about these 2 checks, I told the police same thing as above. Hopefully Jerk will be honest with the police who said their next call was to him.
Ex is bi-polar and within the span of 30 seconds can profess his undying love to me then hope that 10 big black dudes pull a train on me! I am totally serious I have the emails!
My point: can mommy be held liable or charged for filing false police reports when Jerk told her well over a month back that all I did was cash the checks for him, per his request? Do I have recourse, either civil or criminal against mommy the co-dependent?
Of course this is all contingent upon Jerk being truthful.
Here's the best part I was convicted of fraud, forgery, counterfeiting, etc. July 2000 and mommy knows this. I learned my lesson and have not committed any fraud7, or other crimes since. I try to stay far away from shady check deals; however it seems I may have been ignorant with regards to these 2 checks.
In a perfect world Jerk will tell the police the truth and I will be cleared.
Hopefully I have provided enough details for someone to give me an educated guess because this drama goes on and on and on and….I’m sure you get my point! Thank you for any assistance/advice you may be able offer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">