• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fraud/forgery-texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lindy sue

hi-from calif.-i accidently sent a money order made out to my first mortgage to my second mortgage. i called my 2nd when i realized my mistake(approx 10 days later)-my 2nd confirmed receipt of the m.o. and said it was in the mailroom-i told them that i needed it back a.s.a.p or my 1st mortgage would be in default---it took my 2nd 5months to find the m.o. and when they found it it had been cashed. i asked them how they could cash a m.o. that was not made out to them?? and they said that it happens all the time.(my 2nd actually wrote my 2nd's acct. # over the numbers i had written) consequently, my 1st said i was in default and started repo action....it has cost me $1,350 so far to save my house.....all because i couldn't get my money back from my 2nd mortgager...i admit that i made a mistake(good faith?-part of the mistake was due to a head injury i received in the police academy)---i have asked my 2nd to credit my acct. the $1,350--they are stalling--they keep asking for faxes that i have already sent because they claim that the texas office has them or the arizona office did'nt forward the documents...do i have a case for fraud/forgery?? the people i am dealing with are in texas @ they altered my m.o. different from what it was before which is a class a misd. in texas...any help appreciated

H

Humble Warrior

Read the last sentence of your own statement....you answered your own question

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">