• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fraud/Impersonating

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

brenda524

What is the name of your state? OHIO

I am a small business owner in the construction field. Recently one of my company's customer's contacted one of our suppliers and impersonated one of our employees. He said he was the project manager and gave our employees name to the supplier. He then arranged for an installation of this suppliers product to be installed at his home, doing so without the knowledge of anyone at our company. He put the charges for this installation (labor and material) on our account. I was told by the installer that completed the installation, that he was met there by whom he thought was one of our employees, and given access by this person to home. He stated that this person then left the job site as he stated he had to get to another project. Is there anything legal that my company can do as far as pressing charges?

We disputed charges of 618.00 which, in turn our supplier sent an invoice to the customer who impersonated our employee. Tol collect for said materials and labor.

Beth3

Yes you can press charges! This individual has perpetrated a criminal fraud on you and the other company. Contact the police immediately.

B

brenda524

brenda524 said:
What is the name of your state? OHIO

I am a small business owner in the construction field. Recently one of my company's customer's contacted one of our suppliers and impersonated one of our employees. He said he was the project manager and gave our employees name to the supplier. He then arranged for an installation of this suppliers product to be installed at his home, doing so without the knowledge of anyone at our company. He put the charges for this installation (labor and material) on our account. I was told by the installer that completed the installation, that he was met there by whom he thought was one of our employees, and given access by this person to home. He stated that this person then left the job site as he stated he had to get to another project. Is there anything legal that my company can do as far as pressing charges?

We disputed charges of 618.00 which, in turn our supplier sent an invoice to the customer who impersonated our employee. Tol collect for said materials and labor.

JETX

This is really a matter of theft, more than fraud. Call your local police department and file a complaint. Then, go to your local court and file a civil complaint against the individual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">