• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fraud, Please help....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jkittredge

I want to apologize upfront for posting this in a few places, however, I am not sure where exactly this belongs.

Let me start at the beginning, my fiancee purchased an engagement ring for $13,000. 10,000.00 of it was from his credit cards. The other $3,000.00 was from the company selling him the ring. We had problems with the ring (one of the bagettes was damaged), so we were going to send it back. My fiance then proceeded to send an email to the $3000.00 creditor stating that the ring had been returned (when, it had not). Months later, my fiance decided to file bankruptcy. This was immediately after getting served court papers from the $3000.00 creditor stating that my fiancee was being sued for the $3000.00 amount and for fraud. Prior to the bankrupcy hearing we attempted to make a deal with the creditor, stating that we would pay $150.00 a month, including interest. This offer was declined. The creditor now states that he was the ring back, so he can appraise and sell it, and then pay itself and the other creditors back who were similarly defrauded. The bankrupcy has cleared, but now we have this looming over our heads. I do not want to give up the ring. It now has sentimental value that exceeds its monetary value.

Please help me with this.....

P.S. I am in Massachusetts.

Thanks,

Jessica

stephenk

what sentimental value does a ring obtained through fraud and deceit have for you? It says much about you and your fiance.

A

aahlee

Jessica you were made for this bozo finace.

Defrauding a finance company and credit card company so you can keep a diamond ring, you are disgusting, pitiful, and should rot in jail for this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">