• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fraud by Statement - Injust accustaion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eshawn

What is the name of your state? - California

Am the offender in a parking lot accident. It happend inside the Yosemite national park. When apporached by the park ranger inquiring if I was involved in any accident, I initialy responded with a false statement with the stupid idea of settling the accident outside of the "system". But then when he asked me again, I volunteered and told him what happened. I also told him that I had left a note on the other vehilce, which I had. To my misfortune the officer did not find the note when the inspected the vehicle. TAlso, it appears that a witness in a second vehicle reported that I drove away from the secen after the incident, while I had merely pulled of the path in the parking lot, parked behind the othe vehicle to write the note with my contact number and apologizing. The office in charge was understanding and told me that he believed me and that he would make this a MVA violation, but for some reason his supervising officer didnot agree and I ended up with a ticket for providing false information and am now expecting to appear infront of a judge. I feel like a victim here.....it was one false statement and I've been suffering emotionally from this for the last 2 months.

a) Should I get an attorney to represent me ?
b) how should I plea ?. I did not commit a fraud so I do not want to plead guilty.
c) I do not want this violation on my record, my career will be doomed.

What are my options....

note4me

Could you contact the ranger and ask him to notorize that he ok'ed the moving violation? Considering this happen in a federal park, I would at least talk to an attorney and see what he/she has to say.

calatty

If you want the best result possible, you should get an attorney. If you don't mind a criminal record, then save your money.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">