• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fraud/statuate of limitations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jennifer Mattin

My husband & I live in North Carolina. His grandmother died in Arkansas and was buried in Georgia. My husband and his sister were named in her will to receive Certificates of Deposits. There father did not notify them of the reading of the will and he was named exetuor of estate and he kept the CD's and has used them for investments in his name and has earned money on the CD's. The only thing is though, my husband just found out about the CD's within the last month, his grandmother passed away over 10 years ago.

Is there anything we can do or where do we need to start persuing the issue?

I would appreciate any information you can give me.

Thank you,

Jennifer Mattingly

D

dankk

i dunno you didnt need the money for 10 years, so why do you care now?

What were you doing that was so important you didnt even care if your grandmother had a will, or the disposal of her property 10 years ago.

If you were in JAIL,or a prisoner of war,or disabled from the gulf war,and you couldnt go to the funeral, that could be a good reason to see if you could get past the statue of limitations.

I mean georgia and arkansas are not that far from North carolina that you couldnt stay a week or two in her house or in a hotel and tied up the loose ends 10 years ago.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">