• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fraudulent use of a credit device

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jack65401

What is the name of your state? MO

My son (who is 15) had a friend that told him that his grandfather was going to order him a paintball gun for x-mas and a few other items that the grandson would pay for. The other boy called my son a couple of days later and asked my son to place another order for him on our computer. My son did thinking that it was ok since it was his grandpa's credit card number. (My son did not look at this as being wrong because when he wants to order something he gives me cash and I use my credit card to order it, and he assumed that was what he was doing also)That order got cancelled that same day because the other boy said it was on back order so he called and cancelled.
The day the first order was to come in, the other boy asked my son to go pick up the order with him. They got arrested and the truth came out then. The other boy had stollen the credit card number from his mother's business. My son was completely innocent. He had talked to us about this order the day before. I felt it was a little strange considering the amount of money but all his friend's thought this boy was rich so noone thought anything of this. My son did not know that this was all a complete lie.
My son is now facing a Class D felony- fraudulent use of a credit device. His juvenile officer is saying that he should only get 3 to 6 months probation and that he doesnt necessarily need an attorney but it is our choice to have one present. I would like to know if it is necessary to have an attorney since they are minors or just show up at court and see what happens? Also will this affect his future, as jobs or scholarships???

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">