• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Friend charged with 6 felonies MI

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jules49221

What is the name of your state? Michigan
I just have a few questions as I dont know really what to expect.
My friend who is 18 , was charged with 3 counts of writing bad checks, and 3 counts of forgery from his mom and dads checking account. His dad called the police but didnt press charges, the state pressed the charges.
Now hes in jail and has no idea when hes getting out, his court app attorney hasnt even seen him yet and he been asked tons of ?s already.
One thing is that hes very suicidal, and wants to hurt himself, I think he needs extra help but he isnt asking for it, he claims he cant stand to be in the jail anylonger.
The funny thing is he stole the money from his mom and dads account but he feels he was entitiled to it as his mom won a lawsuit 5 years ago, for a few million dollars because she sued a hospital, because of a misdaignosis that has left her paralyzed and in a nursing home. The money was to go to him and his sister but the dad has never gave him any. Although thats no reason to steal thats the way the story goes.
He apeared in court today and they said they he is facing 6- 14 year sentences.
What Id like to know is where can I find out the punishments for these crimes, Ive scoured the net and cant find where it says how long you have to serve for these crimes and so on. Im really worried about him and his whole situation.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Julie

F

freeorlife

please read my problem too.

i found out that you can find out the State code for what he was charged with

if you have the MI code then you can look it up.
i scared for my family member too.

help me if you can too.

did you try to call his court appointed lawyer?

dequeendistress

Why are you inquiring how long the sentence may be when he was already told by the court?

Let him and his attorney provide his defense or guilty plea.

Do the crime/do the time...

yes and always listen to Home Guru

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">