• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A FRIEND IN NEED!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Squirllygrl

My friend went to court today and was charged with Harassment under Disorderly Persons. We live in New Jersey. She left a phone message stating she was going to harm someones ex-spouse and now the person whom the threat was intended for has now pressed charges. She was issued a public defender. The judge informed her to enter a plea of not guilty today and she is to phone the defender tomorrow. Is there any points we need to focus on, what type of charges should we anticipate or is there a possibility that she could do jail time?

S

Squirllygrl

HMMMMM, thank you for your candor and great advice. Yes, I am aware that it is important for her in the future to remain threat free. She was reacting to the fact that a person was stalking me, slashed my tires, and threatened my life. Hence, she did the wrong thing and she is going to court for the charges. I'm sure your schedule is quite busy and I am so sorry that you felt obligated to respond. I am not a lawyer, but being a doctor, if I had a penny for every trivial question that came across my desk my med school bills would now be paid off. Point being, you are right on with the concept she should not threaten anyone anymore, but this forum was not created for individuals to give lessons on morality and proper interpersonal behavior. It is meant for people who are NOT lawyers, so they can throw some questions out in the field. I looked at some of your previous responses to past board postings and you seem to have a grasp on the law and its plasticity. However, try to keep in mind that the people who are posting these stories on the Board are not that great off right now, they do not need snibe comments, just some quick advice. On a more personal note, we choose these service jobs to help people, if you think your advice was something I did not already know, I would not waste anymore money on your education. Hopefully someone will answer my topic from a legal persepctive.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">