• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Friend who is a Minor is worried the cops will call his parents.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jdawg555

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

The cops showed up when my friend and some others were making too much noise on private property. He said they took down his name, date of birth, and his cell phone number (not his parents' numbers). He was driven back to his friends house, where the cops dropped them off and talked to the parents. No tickets were given to anyone that was involved. He is worried that the police are still going to call his parents, even though it has been 2 days and we live in a very small town. I don't think they will, but will the police still call his parents, even though no tickets or anything were given, and they only have his cell phone number? He is really worried and I want him to calm down...

justalayman

His parents should not talk to the police. They are under no obligation to.

I don't thing it is a matter of the police speaking to the parents to obtain information or such. I think the kid is freaked out his parents are going to find out what he was doing.

jdawg, you don't think they can figure out where his parents live since they know the kids name? Heck, if it's a really small town, they probably know his parents, or at least who they are.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
And, if it's very small town, the parents probably already know ;)

In any case, there's no way any of us could give an accurate answer as to whether or not the police will contact the boy's parents. We're not able to predict the future.*

*ok, there are a couple of posters on our forum who think they can precisely predict the future, but they've been shown to be wrong time and time again.

dave33

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

The cops showed up when my friend and some others were making too much noise on private property. He said they took down his name, date of birth, and his cell phone number (not his parents' numbers). He was driven back to his friends house, where the cops dropped them off and talked to the parents. No tickets were given to anyone that was involved. He is worried that the police are still going to call his parents, even though it has been 2 days and we live in a very small town. I don't think they will, but will the police still call his parents, even though no tickets or anything were given, and they only have his cell phone number? He is really worried and I want him to calm down...
Time for you guys to "man up".When you choose to lead a life with alcohol illegally involved, you must expect problems.

Maybe it's time to start making better decisions, before mom and dad are the least of your worries.

To answer your question... I have no idea. goodluck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">