• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

friend who wants to become state police officer/criminal record

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dorkthe3rd

What is the name of your state? PA

I have a friend (read: someone who I have to deal with at work) who wants to become a Pennsylvania state police officer.

He's pretty much trailer trash however, he had a relative that was, apparently is very good standing with one of our local troops. He claims to have an "in" with the state police and is currently completely his criminal justice degree.

This guy should not be allowed to be a cop. He's nuts and has a major need to be in authority. I have witnessed him taking drugs such as LSD at work. AND he was arrested for endangering the welfare of a child, which was dropped from a felony to a misdemeanor. I checked the PA penal code and I'm assuming that this was under title 18, ch 43 §4304. He was speeding, doing about 85 in a 35 and had his infant son in the car. I know he did get two years of probation, and had to attend parenting classes. He missed one and had to spend a weekend in jail.

Per the PA state police website, a candidate is not elligible to be a 'statie' having a) conviction of a class 2 misdemeanor or greater, b) criminal behavior, regardless if arrested or detected, for admissions by the applicant that would be graded as a Felony and c) Criminal behavior, regardless if arrested or detected, for admissions by the applicant that would be graded as a Misdemeanor-1 within the past 10 years from date of application.

This should disqualify him from sitting for an ACT 120 or becoming a state police officer. But what i want to know is:
1) If he gets an expungement (sp?) can he still get in?
2) Could he have gotten ARD for this?
3) If it was ARD, could he get in because it doesn't count as a conviction?
or
4) If it was ARD, the probation violation of missing the class void his ARD?
and finally
5) Is there somewhere that I can come forward and tell his recruiting officer about this stuff? I'd prefer if he didn't find out it was me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">