• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Furnishing Alcohol to Minors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

ChrisPR

I was charged for furnishing alcohol to minors, even though I am a minor myself (20 years old). The cop filed the charges three months after the incident. I went to my arraignment last Wednesday and I'm set for pre-trial on January 31st. I have a clean record and am wondering what might happen. A prosecutor told me they might have an offer ready at my pre-trial and they could possibly defer the case for 12 months. Then if I don't do anything wrong within those 12 months, they might drop the charges off of my record. Any opinion on this? I currently do not have an attorney and have not been screened for a public defender. I live in Washington state.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Get an Attorney asap. If they do have have deferred judgments, it will be to your benefit but you really MUST ABIDE by the 12 month thing and not get into ANY trouble.

I would suggest you go down and and speak to the public defender's office or contact the legal aid foundation nearest you and see if they can help rep you if you are eligible.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">